More About Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System
Forget about multiple daily injections with the tubeless, waterproof* Omnipod® DASH.
It has 2 simple parts: The Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) and The Pod.
The Omnipod DASH® PDM conveniently and discreetly communicates‡ with the Pod, adjusting insulin doses anywhere you are.
- You can set a Zero Basal Rate if you require low insulin delivery
- You can set Fractional Insulin to Carb Ratios (0.1g/U) if you are insulin-sensitive
- The Pod Site Tracker helps you to track your Pod site locations
- You can set various presets on the Omnipod DASH® System PDM to establish favourites, tag your activities and personalize insulin delivery based on your daily routine
‡ At start up, the Pod and Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) must be adjacent and touching. The Pod and PDM should be within at least 1.5 metres to start the delivery of a bolus, change settings, or receive status updates. A specific distance is not required for basal delivery. The Pod will continue to deliver basal insulin even when the PDM is out of range
- The Pod is a small, tubeless, wearable and waterproof* device that you fill with up to 200 units of U-100 insulin and wear directly on your body
- The Pod communicates wirelessly‡ with the PDM to program insulin delivery. Once it receives insulin delivery instructions it delivers insulin into your body through a small, flexible tube called a cannula
- The Pod is durable and waterproof* and is applied to your skin with an adhesive, similar to an adhesive bandage
- It can be put anywhere on your body you’d normally give yourself an injection for up to 72 hours (3 days)† of nonstop insulin delivery.
- It can be worn comfortably and discreetly under your clothes, while carrying the PDM separately in a pocket, backpack or handbag.
* The Pod has a waterproof IP28 rating for up to 7.6 metres (25 feet) for 60 minutes. The PDM is not waterproof
† Up to 72 hours of insulin delivery
‡ At start-up, the Pod and Personal Diabetes Manager must be adjacent. During normal operation, the Personal Diabetes Manager must be within 1.5 metres (5 feet) of the Pod.
For Important Safety Information about the Omnipod DASH Insulin Management System, click here